2019/2020 Quality Texas Foundation Training
Registration Is Open! Click here to register.
The opportunities below are continually changing based upon the latest research, customer requirements, and training from the National Baldrige Program. These trainings contain information from Harvard Business Review and the Sloan MIT Management Review along with a variety of sources to include continuous improvement books, articles, and websites. Take a look at upcoming dates and locations below the training descriptions. We hope to see you there!
Starting and Mapping Your Baldrige Journey (Coming in 2020) – 3 Days
This training has been requested through customer surveys and designed to take a slow walk through how to complete an application at various levels. Dr. Mac McGuire will shepherd the participants through the Baldrige Framework, suggested timelines for application completion, and give each individual organization a synchronized plan for completion. To maximize learning, it is recommended that each organization send around 5-7 participants.
This training is designed for individuals new to using the Baldrige Excellence Framework (Categories 1 – 7). The participant will receive a slow walk through the criteria, hands-on experience of evaluating the criteria and time for questions and answers as to how to use the criteria in their organizational and personal lives. This slow-paced training should enable those who are new to the Baldrige Framework to understand the linkage and alignment necessary to write an application.
The Examiner training is redesigned as an introduction or refresher for participants in how to use the Baldrige Excellence Framework. If writing an application, the organization should send around 5 -7 people to this training; WE teach the test! A current application with a feedback report will be evaluated against the Baldrige Framework during training. The Internal Coach portion of the training has been moved and incorporated into our Leadership Development I Training.
This 3- day training provides an organization-wide look into how leaders lead an organization (Category 1). The training is designed for anyone who is in a leadership position from CEO/Superintendent level to aspiring leaders who are not yet in a leadership position. Based on the book “Beacons of Light on Leadership,” the session provides an organization-wide look into how an organization leads. Real case studies, videos, and breakouts make this training both entertaining and informative. The training also includes specific tools and resources for equipping an Internal Coach on how to successfully implement the Baldrige Framework within your organization.
Are you equipped to lead in the 21st century? In today’s rapidly changing culture, old approaches to leadership will be unsuccessful for viable, 21st-century results. Focused on Category 1, QTF is announcing a new 3-day training designed to take individuals to higher levels of leadership proficiency. Join us in discovering: How to take charge as a leader and maximize group effort through the prioritization of work, the 10 steps to developing you as a leader, and mentoring, coaching and counseling: when to do which one. Based upon the latest research Day 1 focuses on maximizing group effort and prioritizing work. Real-life case studies will help you learn what it means to take charge, especially if you have been a worker and now you are a leader. Day 2 focuses on developing you as a leader, helping you identify your strengths and opportunities for improvement. Day 3 highlights the difference between mentoring, coaching and counseling and when and how to use these tools effectively. You will learn ways to implement the most critical characteristics of an aspiring leader.
This 3-day training is designed to stretch the organization and help participants understand the major reason to accomplish strategic planning systematically (Category 2). Some of the latest research regarding how to conduct effective strategic planning will be reviewed along with specific definitions. It is recommended that each organization send 5 to 7 people. Topics include a review of the culture, what is a strategy, the importance of a dynamic vision, discussion of what we do now (mission), and how to determine the appropriate goals for the organization overall, and cascading deployment to subordinates. The final day discusses the role of Personal Strategic Planning in organizational effectiveness. This event is highly interactive with opportunities to work with your group and improve current strategic planning proficiency.
Are you implementing effective strategies for engaging employees who are burned out? Are you a supervisor needing fresh insights on how to help your employees stay engaged? Do you truly understand how to address the key engagement factors of your workforce? Are you preparing to coach your team through an organizational or departmental change and need better tools on how to build, reinforce, and anchor a great workplace culture? Are you tired of being unsuccessful in hiring the right internal candidates for future leadership roles, or frustrated in your ability to determine why great employees quit and what to do about it? Do you know how to hire for talent? These are a few of the questions and topics that will be addressed during our new Workforce Engagement 3-day training which is designed to bring organizations up to date with the latest research and fact-based information (Category 5).
Is improving customer service by 10-20% of important to your organization? Are you interested in the latest information about the Top Ten Customer Service Habits that all organizations must master? This new 3-day training session focuses on Category 3 of the Baldrige Excellence Framework and includes the Absolute Keys to Effective Customer Service across all sectors (for-profit/non-profit business, education, government, and healthcare). It will help your organization understand customer needs, how to frame realistic expectations, and implement the four key skills for those dealing with customers; 1) Technical, 2) Interpersonal, 3) Product/Service Knowledge, and finally, 4) Customer Knowledge. As part of your Baldrige journey, explore the importance of customer segmentation and how addressing problems, discovering potential customers, designing appropriate product/service offerings intuitively, building effective customer relationships, maximizing customer complaints, and use of the Voice-of-the-Customer data to improve performance and enhance training.
Writing seminars are tailored to the organization and the Baldrige maturity level. This can greatly accelerate your progression in QTF (Categories 1 – 7).
QTF has other tailored products and services that can be adapted to improve your organization’s continuous improvement efforts. For more details, please contact us.
Registration for the 2019 Training Sessions is now available.
The registration fee for each training is $700. If 10 members from an organization attend the same class, the registration fee is $600.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact:
Dr. Mac McGuire by email at email@example.com or by phone at (512) 656-8946 or
Lin Wrinkle-McGuire at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (512) 818-3901
Dwight Bailey, Jr. at email@example.com or by phone at (408) 594-0625
For a printable .pdf version of the QTF Training brochure, click here.
2019 Training Dates
October – 2019
- October 8-10, 2019 Leadership Development Training II – Williamson County EMS Training Center, Classroom A&B, 3189 Southeast Inner Loop, Georgetown, TX 78626
- October 29-31, 2019 Internal Coach/Examiner Training – LCPL Derek Hernandez Police Training Facility, 1313 North Doolittle Rd. Edinburg, TX 78539
November – 2019
- November 6-8, 2019, Workforce Engagement Training, Williamson County EMS Training Center, Classroom A&B, 3189 Southeast Inner Loop, Georgetown, TX 78626
December – 2019
- December 3-5, 2019 – Internal Coach/Examiner Training – New Braunfels Utilities 355 FM 306, New Braunfels, TX 78130
2019 Training Registration Is Now Available – Click Here
2020 Training Dates – Registration Coming Soon!
January – 2020
- January 28-30, 2020, Strategic Planning Training – Williamson County EMS Training Center, Classroom A&B, 3189 Southeast Inner Loop, Georgetown, TX 78626
- February 11-13, 2020, Leadership Development Training I – Williamson County EMS Training Center, Classroom A&B, 3189 Southeast Inner Loop, Georgetown, TX 78626
- February 18-20, 2020, Starting Your Baldrige Journey – Williamson County EMS Training Center, Classroom A&B, 3189 Southeast Inner Loop, Georgetown, TX 78626
April – 2020
- April 21-23, 2020, Customer Service Training – Williamson County EMS Training Center, Classroom A&B, 3189 Southeast Inner Loop, Georgetown, TX 78626
May – 2020
- May 19-21, 2020, Pre-Examiner Training – Williamson County EMS Training Center, Classroom A&B, 3189 Southeast Inner Loop, Georgetown, TX 78626
July – 2020
- July 14-16, 2020, Internal Coach/Examiner Training – Baylor Scott & White, Plano, TX (Pending)
- July 21-23, 2020, Internal Coach/Examiner Training – Northeast Lakeview College, Library Building, Room NLIB 211, 1201 Kitty Hawk Rd, Universal City, TX 78148 (North San Antonio Area)
August – 2020
- August 3-6, 2020, Internal Coach/Examiner Training – CHI – St. Luke’s Hospital, The Woodlands, TX (Pending)
- August 17-20, 2020, Internal Coach/Examiner Training – Williamson County EMS Training Center, Classroom A&B, 3189 Southeast Inner Loop, Georgetown, TX 78626
September – 2020
- September 24-26, 2020, Internal Coach/Examiner Training – City of El Paso, La Placita Conference Room, El Paso Airport, (first floor), 6701 Convair Road, El Paso, TX 79925
October – 2020
- October 6-8, 2020, Leadership Development Training II, Williamson County EMS Training Center, Classroom A&B, 3189 Southeast Inner Loop, Georgetown, TX 78626
November – 2020
- November 10-12, 2020, Workforce Engagement Training, Williamson County EMS Training Center, Classroom A&B, 3189 Southeast Inner Loop, Georgetown, TX 78626