2018 Quality Texas Foundation Training
2018 Training Opportunities Available
If you are interested in any of the Quality Texas Foundation training events, please make sure you register now.
You can register for all of the offered training sessions at once on the registration page! We hope to see you there!
This seminar is designed for individuals that are new to using the Baldrige Framework. The participant will receive a slow walk through the criteria, hands on experience of evaluating the criteria and questions, and answers as to how to use the criteria in their organizational and personal lives.
Internal Coach/Examiner Training
The Internal Coach/Examiner training (formerly known as Regular Examiner Training) is redesigned as an introduction or refresher for participants in how to use the Baldrige Criteria and now contains information about how to make yourself more marketable as an internal organizational coach. If your organization is writing an application, you should send around 5 -7 people to this training; WE teach the test! This class is continually changing based upon the latest information, customer requirements, and training from the national program. The Internal Organizational Improvement Coach portion of the training should prepare participants for promotion to leadership positions in the organization. This course contains information from the latest material of Harvard Business Review and the Sloan MIT Management Review along with the latest research.
Leadership Development Seminar
This seminar is designed for anyone who is in a leadership position from CEO/Superintendent level to aspiring leaders who are not yet in those leadership positions. This class contains the latest leadership information, generational differences, personality differences, working with difficult people, and 19 topics that can elevate your knowledge of leadership. It is based upon over 4,000 leadership books, case studies, YouTube videos, and much, much more. Topics include how to build trust, building teams through strong relationships, and delegation/empowerment. Both Leadership Development seminars conducted in 2016 had 100% participant satisfaction.
Strategic Planning Seminar
This training is designed to stretch the organization and fully understand the reason to complete strategic planning. Some of the latest material regarding how to conduct strategic planning will be reviewed along with specific definitions of strategic planning. It is recommended that each organization send 5 to 7 people who will be at the same table for the duration of the training. This training is unambiguously intended to maximize continuous improvements of the organization and individuals. Topics include a review of the culture, what is strategy, the importance of a dynamic vision, discussion of what we do now (mission), and how to determine the appropriate goals for the organization overall and down to subordinate elements. This seminar is highly interactive with opportunities to work with your group and improve current strategic planning activities.
The Quality Texas Foundation conducts writing seminars designed to save the organization time and money. It is also designed to help train and teach participants to complete an application in the shortest amount of time. We currently have 100% satisfaction where we have done this. This writing seminar can be done as a part of a retreat to greatly improve the organization in three areas: customer engagement, employee engagement and financial improvement and management.
Registration for the 2018 Training Sessions is now open.
Below is the full schedule of the Quality Texas Foundation trainings. Please begin registration by clicking on the link for whichever training you are interested in. The link will take you to a main registration site for initial registration and then it will allow you to choose, register, and pay for any training which you are interested in attending.
The cost of each training is $650. If 10 members from the same organization attend, the price is $550.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact:
Dr. Mac McGuire by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (512) 656-8946 or
Lin Wrinkle-McGuire at email@example.com or by phone at (512) 818-3901
2018 Training Dates!
June – 2018
- June 24-26, 2018 – 25th Annual Quest for Excellence Conference
Sheraton Georgetown Conference Center
1101 Woodlawn Ave
July – 2018
- July 11-13, 2018, Internal Coach (Examiner Training), 4700 Alliance Blvd, Education Center 1, Garden Level (basement),
Plano, TX 75093
- July 24-26, 2018, Internal Coach (Examiner Training) Northeast Lakeview College, Library Building, Room NLIB 211, 1201 Kitty Hawk Road, Universal City, TX 78148
August – 2018
- August 8-10, 2018, Internal Coach (Examiner Training) Memorial Hermann Greater Heights Hospital, 1635 North Loop West, Houston, TX 77008
- August 21-23, 2018, Internal Coach (Examiner Training), Williamson County EMS Training Center, 3189 Southeast Inner Loop, Georgetown, TX 78626
September – 2018
- September 25-27, 2018, Internal Coach (Examiner Training), City of El Paso, La Placita Conference Room, El Paso Airport, (first floor), 6701 Convair Road, El Paso, TX 79925
October – 2018
- October 23-25, 2018, Leadership Development Seminar, Northeast Lakeview College, Library Building, Room NLIB 211, 1201 Kitty Hawk Road, Universal City, 78148,
November – 2018
December – 2018
- December 4-6, 2018, Strategic Planning Seminar, St. Philip’s College, Bowden Alumni Center, Room SLC 313, 1801 Martin Luther King Drive, 3rd Floor, Sutton Learning Center Building, San Antonio, TX 78203